Jan 09, 2017 |
SMC Surgical Services include endoscopy, operating rooms, recovery rooms and surgery center. All procedures are performed in a state-of-the art facility.
- Dr. Michael L. Schmit, MD, FACS
- Certified by the American Board of Surgery
- 510 8th Ave NE
Dr. Schmit, Staff Surgeon at Sakakawea Medical Center specializes in general, trauma, bariatric, and advanced laparoscopic surgery.
Dr. Schmit received his medical degree from the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, attended Minot State University where he graduated with Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, and completed his surgical residency at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine.
A native of Minot, North Dakota, Dr. Schmit is a Fellow member of the American College of Surgeons, a member of the American Medical Association and a member of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
- Dr. Gaylord Kavlie, MD, FACS
- Certified by The American Board of Surgery
Dr. Kavlie, a staff surgeon at Mid Dakota Clinic in Bismarck, began doing general and laparoscopic surgery at Sakakawea Medical Center in March of 2012.
A specialist in general, bariatric and advanced laparoscopic surgery, he is certified by the American Board of Surgery, and is a member of the American College of Surgeons and the Christian Medical Society.
Dr. Kavlie received his medical degree from the University of North Dakota School of Medicine, Grand Forks, attended Minot State College and is a graduate of North Dakota State University with a bachelor's degree, completing his surgical residency at Sacred Heart Hospital in Yankton, South Dakota.
Dr. Kavlie enjoys hunting, fishing, traveling and the time he spends with his children and grandchildren.
- 510 8th Ave NE; Hazen, ND • 7017482225
The following are some, but not limited to, procedures provided by surgical services:
- Appendectomy (removal of appendix)
- Carpel Tunnel Release
- Cholecystectomy (removal of gall bladder)
- Colon (bowel resection)
- EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy)
- Laparoscopic Procedures (appendix, colon, diagnostic, gall bladder,
- hernia, reflux, soft tissue injury, etc.)
- Hernia Repair
- Pilonidal Cyst
- Varithena Therapy (varicose vein treatment)