Want to Say Thank You to a Nurse?
The DAISY Award was established by The DAISY Foundation in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died at 33 of ITP, an auto-immune disease. The Barnes Family was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring and compassion of the nurses who cared for Patrick, so they created this international award to say thank you to nurses everywhere.
DAISY Award recipients are recognized for their clinical skill and especially his/her compassionate care that exemplifies the kind of nurse that our patients, their families, and our staff recognize as an outstanding role model. He/she consistently meets all of the following criteria:
- Makes a special connection with the patient and family
- Included patients and families in the planning of their care
- Does an excellent job educating patients and their families
- Provides consistent focus on meeting patient and family goals
- Works well with the healthcare team to meet patient and family needs/goals
- Makes patients and their families feel comfortable
- Goes above and beyond
- Shows commitment to patient care and the nursing profession
Nominations are accepted for Sakakawea Medical Center nursing staff to be considered in the DAISY Award process. Nomination forms can be picked up from the nurse’s station in Acute Care or you can use the link below to nominate and thank a deserving nurse today!
Nominate an exemplary nurse for recognition through the DAISY Foundation
To find out more about the program, including the growing list of Partners, please go to www.DAISYfoundation.org