MaintenanceTemporary Summer GroundskeeperFull Time - 40 hrs/week. Daytime shifts. Temporary position through summer months.↓ ↓✓
- The groundskeeper is responsible for grounds maintenance for Sakakawea Medical Center and Senior Suites. Duties include mowing, trimming, watering, caring for trees and plants, etc. Must be able to operate yard equipment. Prior experience is preferred and knowledge of plants and tree care is necessary.
Nursing ServicePatient Services AssociatePart Time (16 hours/week) Two weekends on, one weekend off. Day shifts plus rotating holidays.↓ ↓✓
- The Patient Services Associate is responsible for providing support for the team caregivers. Primary functions include chart assembly, transcription of physician orders, preauthorization of inpatient services, reception duties, distribution of incoming and outgoing correspondence, admission procedures and general medical record procedures. The Patient Services Associate must have good communication skills in order to effectively provide quality service to all patients/customers. They will actively participate in and support a self-directed team environment.
Nursing ServicesRNPart Time and Full Time Positions. Rotating 12-hour shifts, department call, and weekend/holiday rotation.↓ ↓✓
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for delivering care to the patient utilizing the nursing process. The RN is a critical thinker, team leader, and team player. The RN is a positive role model and is able to share knowledge freely. Competitive starting wages, with credit for experience and certifications. A $2,000 sign-on bonus for FT hires! Benefits include: health, dental and life insurance; paid time off (PTO); paid holidays; extended sick leave; 401(k); Discount Policy; and more!
Senior SuitesLPNPRN↓ ↓✓
- The LPN is accountable for delivering care to the resident utilizing the nursing process. Previous geriatric experience preferred. Empathy for others. Need to work in a team environment. Must be able to work independently and possess strong organizational skills. Must hold a current LPN license with the NDBON.
Senior SuitesRNPart Time (24 hours/week). Day shifts with occasional nights, weekends and holidays.↓ ↓✓
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for delivering care to the resident utilizing the nursing process. Previous geriatric experience preferred. Empathy for others. Need to work in a team environment. Must be able to work independently and possess strong organizational skills. Must hold a current ND RN license. Benefits include: paid time off (PTO); paid holidays; extended sick leave; 401(k) with match; and voluntary benefits.
Respiratory TherapyRespiratory TherapistFull Time. Weekday, day shifts. Rotating department call for nights, weekends and holidays.↓ ↓✓
- The Respiratory Therapist provides high quality respiratory care to promote the health and recovery of the customers served by Sakakawea Medical Center. Maintains daily contact with inpatients, outpatients, physicians, nursing staff, and department manager. Works to maintain a good working relationship. Must obtain PALS and NRP certifications within first year of employment. Must possess excellent communication skills in order to explain/direct home programs and exercises. Must be able to interact with patients and families in a positive manner. Must be able to work with a high degree of independence and possess the ability to make decisions quickly. Must be able to work in high stress situations and retain concentration. Possess an understanding of cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology. Be able to prioritize procedures throughout the day and utilize critical thinking when necessary. Competitive starting wages, with credit for experience. A $2,000 sign-on bonus! Benefits include: health, dental and life insurance; paid time off (PTO); paid holidays; extended sick leave; 401(k) with match; flexible benefits account; discount policy; and more!
DietaryCafe CookFull Time – 40 hours/week. Day shift plus rotating weekends and holidays.↓ ↓✓
- The café cook is responsible for the preparation, cooking and serving of nutritious meals that meet the nutritional needs of patients, residents, staff and guests. Will primarily work in the SMC café, but will also work in the kitchen. Ensures positive customer relations when dealing with the patients, residents, visitors and staff. Must have a valid driver’s license. Competitive starting wage, with credit for experience. Benefits include health, dental and life insurance; paid time off (PTO); paid holidays; extended sick leave; 401(k) with match; discount policy; flexible benefits accounts; and more!
Hospice & Visiting Nurse ServicesCNAPRN↓ ↓✓
- The primary functions of the aide are performing various patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The services are given under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Works directly with patients, families, as well as all Hospice staff: RNs, LPNs, CNAs, physicians, dietician, chaplain, licensed social workers, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapist, and secretary. Requires the completion of a certified nurse assistant course. Prefer previous nurse aide experience. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Nursing ServiceNurse AidePart Time – 24 hours/week. Position requires rotating day and night shifts. Also requires rotating weekends and holidays.↓ ↓✓
- The nurse aide performs patient care activities under the direction of the RN. Activities will vary with patient needs. Requires a high school education, diploma is preferred. Must possess strong organization skills and be able to work independently. Previous experience & CNA certification is not required, but preferred. Benefits include: paid time off (PTO); paid holidays; extended sick leave; 401(k) with match; discount policy; and voluntary benefits.
MaintenanceFacilities ManagerFull Time. Department coverage is provided from 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. On call hours. Rotating weekends and holidays.↓ ↓✓
- The Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing repairs and maintenance of the facilities and grounds at Sakakawea Medical Center, Coal Country Community Health Center and Knife River Care Center. Duties include development of preventative maintenance programs and utilities management; equipment repair; ground maintenance; and inspections; and more. Responsible for ensuring compliance with life safety code regulations. Requires a diverse knowledge of HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems. Performs other duties as assigned according to the established standards of the Maintenance department policies and procedures. Works with a variety of maintenance equipment. Must be able to read, speak, write, and follow oral and written instructions. Must have a knowledge of mechanics, welding, and small appliance repair. Must have knowledge to work with and repair the machines, motors, vehicles, structures, and fixtures common to the healthcare setting. Must be knowledgeable of life safety code regulations. Must be able to prioritize work projects, exercising independent decision-making. The Facilities Manager has daily contact with patients, residents, employees, and the general public. Must be able to work with people in a tactful and diplomatic manner, exercising sound judgment and discretion. Must be a good communicator and a good team leader.
MaintenanceMaintenance Worker/Environmental Building TechnicianFull Time - 40 hrs/week. Rotating call.↓ ↓✓
- The Maintenance Worker/Environmental Building Technician is responsible for all maintenance and repairs at Sakakawea Medical Center, Senior Suites and Hospice. Duties include equipment repair, ground maintenance, inspections of building, grounds, equipment, vehicles and utility systems to insure safe operation, and to maintain heating and cooling system, electrical and plumbing. Must have good communication skills and a good working relationship with all team members. Two years’ of boiler experience is preferred. Must be able to read, speak, write, and follow oral and written instructions. Must have a knowledge of mechanics, welding, and small appliance repair.
Our benefits* include
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Sick Leave
- Discount Policy
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Life Insurance
- Bereavement Leave
*Qualification for these benefits is dependent on the number of scheduled hours.
For more information contact
Sakakawea Medical Center
510 8th Ave. NE
Hazen, ND 58545